Monday, October 12, 2009

The Vegas Trip

The Motorhead trip to Vegas was less than spectacular. The whole thing started on shitty note and didn't get much better. I picked up my buddy Dan to head to the airport and find out he has the flu. But he's a trooper so we're off. A tall beer at the airport and one on the plane and things are looking okay. We land and hit the hotel and the flu starts kicking his ass so we waste time watching TV until the show. We grab a cab and get to the House of Blues and see a sign that says "Motorhead Canceled". WTF! This is joke right? No joke. Apparently Lemmy lost his voice. Fucking great... Nashville Pussy is still on the bill so we head in and check out the Chelsea Girls with Cory Parks on bass and Nashville Pussy.

By now Dan's flu is kicking into full gear again and the Reverend Horton Heat was just taking way to damn long to set up so we split back the hotel and called it a night. In the morning we throw down some breakfast and off to the airport an hour-and-a-half early to find out that our flight is delayed an addition two hours. Normally it would be beer-thirty but with a sick buddy it ain't quite the same. Well at least I had a chopper mag and I my iPhone for reading and some surfing. But I then realize that I left my charging cable in the room. FUCK! With a low battery my surf time was over.

On a positive note, coming home and seeing the family was awesome, felt like I had been gone for days. And the wife had an delicious hot meal waiting for me. Ahh, home sweet home.

No comments: