Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Arizona's #1 Son - Troy Blake

Just found out that a good friend of mine from my motocross racing days died on Aug 31. His name was Troy Blake and he was an amazing rider. Hands down the best in AZ during the 80's. The heyday of motocross as far as I'm concerned. Troy won the world mini grand prix in 81 and then went on to win the nationals at Ponca City that same year. It was just after that that I met Troy. We went to the same high school and rode together weekly. Troy basically showed me how to win races and haul ass on the track with style. I haven't talk to him in years and for some reason I was just doing some Google image searches for pics of some the old racing days and came across this news. He will be missed.

Here are a few pics of Troy in his prime.



No comments: